Content Builder's dynamic text feature allows you to build a creative that displays text that changes based on a customer's predetermined targeting value.
Dynamic Text Values
This table contains the out-of-the-box values that you can use with dynamic text.
|US State||Any US state, such as Pennsylvania or Massachusetts|
|City||Any US city, such as Atlanta or New York|
|Media Market||Any US media market, such as Philadelphia or Los Angeles|
|Country||Any country, such as United States or Canada|
|Cart Value||Any cart value in the native site's currency, such as "\$100.00" or "\$5.99"|
|X — Cart Value||The difference between a preset amount (x) and the amount in the cart|
|Weather||Any one of four weather values, including sunny, cloudy, raining, or snowing|
|Custom Variable||Any custom variable currently defined in Monetate|
NOTE: Custom variables must be sent via the
|Nth Closest Store||Any address from a spreadsheet or database supplied to Monetate|
The following table contains the values that you can use with dynamic text after you upload a location list to Locations Manager. See Upload a Locations List for more information.
|Closest Location Name||Closest store name to visitor|
|Closest Location Address1||Closest first line address to visitor|
|Closest Location Address2||Closest second line address to visitor|
|Closest Location City||Closest city name to visitor|
|Closest Location State/Region||Closest state/region to visitor|
|Closest Location Phone||Phone number to the location closest to the visitor|
|Closest Location Postal Code||Closest postal code to the visitor|
|Closest Location description||Description of location closest to the visitor|
|Closest Location email||An email address that corresponds to the location closest to the visitor|
Adding Dynamic Text
Follow these steps to add dynamic text in Content Builder.
- Click COMPONENTS in the top navigation bar, and then select CONTENT.
- On the Images tab, take one of the following actions:
- Click UPLOAD FILE to upload an image file.
- Click CREATE NEW to create a new image.
- Click an image in Content Manager, and then click EDIT IN CONTENT BUILDER.
- Click Add Layer and then select Text.
- Type the basic message into the text layer, and then apply font styling as necessary.
- Click Add dynamic content in the text toolbar.
- Select the dynamic text option that you want to use from Property.
- Click OK.
- Click anywhere outside of the text box to automatically generate a fallback text layer.
- Click Fallback text layer 1 and then type and style as necessary the fallback text, which only appears to customers who don't match your targeting rules. (For example, if you're targeting based on city, a customer whose city cannot be determined sees the fallback text instead of the message containing the dynamic text.)
- Make any other changes to the creative, then name it, and then click SAVE.
Previewing a Creative with Dynamic Text
Follow these steps to preview a creative to which you've added a dynamic text layer in Content Builder.
- Open the file in Content Builder.
- Click PREVIEW.
- Select an option from Preview with:
- Longest dynamic text value possible
- Fallback text
- Shortest dynamic text value possible
Click the X to close the Content Preview modal if you need to revise the file. Ensure you click SAVE after you make any changes.