The following metrics are available in various Product Recommendations reports.
- Average Order Value (AOV): The average value of orders with product recommendations clicked and purchased
- Units per Transaction (UPT): The number of products in transactions with product recommendations that are clicked and purchased
- Impressions: The number of products recommended to the visitor
- Clickthroughs: The number of product recommendations clicked by the visitor
- Direct Revenue: Individual product revenue from product recommendations that are clicked and purchased
- Direct Units Sold: Number of units sold from product recommendations that are clicked and purchased
- Direct Units per Click: Average number of items sold in orders involving a clicked recommendation
The following definitions and considerations apply to all metrics.
Metrics are at times broken out by whether the visitor clicked a recommendation during their session.
- Respondent indicates that during a session the visitor clicked a product recommendation. For example, a visitor clicks a recommended product, blue suede shoes, and then purchases them in that session.
- Nonrespondent indicates that during a session the visitor didn't click any product recommendations. For example, a visitor purchases any product without clicking any product recommendations in their session.
There is no overlap between respondents and nonrespondents.
Metrics are at times broken out by whether a specific product was clicked and purchased.
- Direct indicates that the visitor clicked a product recommendation and purchased it. For example, a visitor clicks a recommended product, a wool flannel blanket, and then purchases that product in that session. Revenue from that product is counted in Direct Revenue.
- Indirect indicates that a visitor clicked a product recommendation but then purchased a different product. For example, a visitor clicks a recommended product, a set of ceramic mixing bowls, but instead purchases a different product, a large glass mixing bowl, in that session. Revenue from that product is counted in Indirect Revenue.
- Total indicates revenue across all sessions, including respondents and nonrespondents, and is independent of recommendation interactions.
Common metrics and their abbreviations are also included throughout the reports.
- Average order value (AOV) = total revenue / total number of orders
- Units per transaction (UPT) = total units purchased / total transactions
- Revenue per session (RPS) = total revenue / total number of sessions
- Conversion rate = total number of sessions with conversions / total number of sessions