There are many reasons why your company may want to use your in-house identity provider (IDP) to authenticate users in the Monetate platform, most of which focus on security initiatives:
- It allows for different permission levels internally outside of what Monetate already offers.
- You can verify users in any kind of security audit and verify that only verified users are using the platform.
- Once you sign in, you're signed in to everything. You only need to remember one password.
With single sign-on (SSO), you can bring your own IDP and with some configuration, use client-initiated SSO. Monetate currently doesn't support a Log in with Google option.
SSO works for all accounts under your retailer.
Setting Up SSO
Follow these steps to set up SSO for the Monetate platform.
- Click the settings cog icon in the top navigation bar, and then select Integration.
- Click the SSO tab.
- Input the information that appears in the Monetate SSO Settings section into your IDP system.
- Click INSTALL SSO.
- Input the necessary information in the Install SSO modal.
- Click INSTALL.
Monetate SSO Settings
The following information appears in the Monetate SSO Settings section of the SSO tab.
|Single Sign-On URL
|Name ID Format
You must input into the Install SSO modal certain information from your SSO provider. Your IT team should be able to provide you with this information.
|The ID for your IDP
|The URL for your IDP
|The certification for the IDP used to verify a request for authorization
|A random string of letters and numbers
Alternatively, you can also provide the metadata file from your SSO provider.