A Customer Attributes dataset contains data you've collected about customers. You can use this type of dataset and its data to better target customers and personalize their experiences on your site.
Follow these steps to create a Customer Attributes dataset.
- Click DATASETS in the top navigation bar, and then click CREATE DATASET.
- Select Customer Attribute and then click NEXT.
- Name the dataset you're creating, and then click NEXT.
- Drag and drop the file you want to upload into the Create Dataset Schema wizard, and then review the schema generated to ensure all the column headers are present and correct. Select My file looks good, and then click NEXT.
- Confirm that the data type selected for each attribute is correct, then select an attribute to be the dataset's Unique ID, and then click NEXT.
- Select or create an Identifier Name so that you can connect the dataset to one or more ID Collectors, and then click SAVE.
- Click CONFIRM AND CREATE.
After you click CONFIRM AND CREATE in the wizard, a message appears on the screen informing you that the file is uploading and then updates when the upload is complete.
You can click CLOSE to dismiss this message before the upload is complete. If you choose not to do that or if the upload completes quickly, this message can swiftly be replaced by the details page for the newly created dataset, with the Update History tab showing. The status is PENDING until the platform successfully completes processing the file or encounters an error.
Refer to Customer Attributes Dataset Details Page for more information about the Update History tab as well as the Attributes tab.