Follow these steps to create a customer dataset.
- Click DATASETS in the top navigation bar, and then click Customer Data.
- Click UPLOAD DATA.
- Click Create New Dataset, give the new dataset a name, and then click NEXT.
- Drag and drop into the Datasets Upload wizard the file you want to upload, and then review the schema generated to ensure all the column headers are present and correct. Click NEXT if the schema preview is correct, or click CANCEL UPLOAD to exit the wizard if you find errors.
- Confirm that the information for each attribute is correct, and then click NEXT. You can optionally take these actions:
- Edit the attribute's name that appears on the new dataset's details page if you don't want it to match its field name as it appears in the column header of the CSV file.
- Toggle INCLUDE to EXCLUDE if you don't want an attribute to be part of the dataset.
- Choose from Dataset Identifier the attribute that captures the customer ID or other unique ID used to identify visitors.
- Choose from the selector the on-site identifier that stores a visitor's customer ID. If it is not listed in the selector, click CREATE ID COLLECTOR to launch Target Builder, create the ID Collector, and then return to the Datasets Upload wizard to select the newly created identifier. Click NEXT after you select an ID Collector.
- Confirm all the information on the summary screen is correct, and then click FINISH.
After the file upload is complete, you can find an entry for the new dataset on the Customer Datasets list page, from which you can access its details page.
Refer to Customer Dataset Details Page for more information.