Any product catalog dataset that you create is available in all the account instances you've set up in your Monetate integration. Because certain features and functions can only use a specific product catalog, you should assign a default product catalog to each account instance.
Follow these steps to make a product catalog dataset the default one for an account instance.
- Click DATASETS in the top navigation bar.
- Click Product Catalogs in the left-hand category listing.
- Click DEFAULT CATALOG ASSIGNMENTS.
- In the Default Catalog Assignments modal, select a product catalog from DEFAULT CATALOG for the account instance you're working in.
- Optionally, repeat the previous step for any other account instance that doesn't have a default product catalog.
- Click the checkbox to acknowledge you understand the possible implications of assigning default product catalogs, and then click SAVE.
When a product catalog dataset is assigned as the default catalog for one or more account instances, then a message in the CONNECTED DOMAINS column for that dataset on the Product Catalogs list page indicates as much. When your mouse pointer hovers on the message, a tooltip appears that lists the specific domains for which the dataset is the default catalog.