Follow these steps to build a Web experience with a Social Proof action that displays messages based on product inventory levels.
- Create a new Web experience, and then configure the WHY and WHO settings.
- Click WHAT and then click ADD ACTION.
- Click Social Proof on the Action Type panel, and then click an action template.
- Select Inventory from Social Proof Type.
- Select a product catalog from Inventory Data Source that contains the product inventory count you want to serve as a basis for the action.
- Type into Inventory Threshold the product inventory count to serve as the upper limit for triggering the message. The default setting is 10.
- If you selected an action template configured for use on pages that show multiple product IDs in step 3, then optionally type into Maximum Messages per Page the total number of messages that can appear on one page. The default setting is No limit.
- Optionally, customize the default message that appears in Social Proof Message, or replace the default message with a different one.
- The default message for the Inventory type is "Hurry! Only remaining."
- You must include
to have it replaced with the inventory count that appears for the product ID in the
quantityfield of the product catalog that you selected in step 5.
- Input the element selector in Relative Element Selector. See Element Selectors for more information about how to use this field.
- Select from Insert Method where the message should appear in relation to the selected element you input in the previous step.
- Optionally, add any of the following settings to the action:
- In the appropriate editor, input, upload, or select CSS code that already exists in the account that you want appended to the DOM in a
- Toggle Select multiple elements, if matched? to YES if you want the message to appear in multiple places if multiple elements match the specified relative element selector.
- Toggle Re-check for Elements toggle to YES if you want the platform to recheck every 50 milliseconds for up to 3 seconds if the specified element is not immediately found.
- Optionally, specify additional criteria that must be met for the action to fire by selecting one of the options from ADD CONDITION, and then typing into the respective input field the necessary information to complete the action condition.
- Click CREATE.