The Sankey Diagram is a visualization used to depict a flow from one page to another. It allows you to interactively explore your customer's journeys by clicking on different nodes to travel down various paths and gather insights on your customer's journeys throughout your site.
A node is a representation of a page type in your customer's journeys.
Nodes display the following information:
- Name of the page.
- Number of sessions that reached this page.
- Percentage of total sessions.
- Drop off percentage. This is calculated as the sum of all sessions on interactions following this node divided by the number of sessions on this node.
- Associated value for the goal metric. Refer to Default Metrics & Key Performance Indicators for information how metrics are calculated. The total sessions over which this is evaluated is the sum of interactions in the first node on the path, the current node, and the previous node on the path.
Subsequent page types are displayed in a column to the right of the node. Bars linking these nodes are referred to as interactions, and represent the customer's journey from the current page to other pages. When you click on a node, it expands to show all the customer interactions from that node.
When you click on the same node again, the paths to the subsequent page types collapse.
The nodes within each interaction are displayed in descending order by number of sessions, with the node seeing the highest number of sessions at the top. You can click More or Less at the bottom of each interaction to display or hide additional nodes in that interaction.
The connection between two nodes in consecutive interactions is represented by a branch. The thickness of each branch corresponds to the relative number of sessions associated with that branch. Branches are shown in blue. The nodes that you have clicked on and associated branches are highlighted in purple to more clearly illustrate the selected path.
The diagram displays the first six nodes in the first two interactions.
If you select an experience in which to evaluate your customer's journeys, you can view the control and variants for that experience in different tabs in the Sankey Diagram. You can see journeys for all visits across the entire experience or within each variant/control in the experience. This allows you to compare data within different groups to see how the journeys vary.
Updating the Using and For options in the Journey Configuration retains the current Sankey diagram with the updated settings. All other changes to the Journey Configuration reset the diagram to the default state before displaying updated settings.
The legend defines the visual indicators on the diagram. You can view the legend in the top-right panel.
These terms are defined as follows:
- Next page flow: The connection between nodes from one interaction to another. This shows where visitors to a specific page came from and where they went after that page.
- Selected path: The highlighted path for the nodes you clicked on in each interaction.
- Selected metric: The value for the metric chosen in the journey configuration. This is the metric you selected to focus on for evaluating journeys.
- Dropoff: The percentage of visitors that dropped off from this specific page. These visitors ended their journey at this page and did not view a subsequent page.
- Path connects to the selected endpoint: A node connecting to the endpoint you specified. This icon appears in nodes that are part of a journey that leads to that endpoint.
- Selected endpoint: An endpoint node selected in the journey configuration.