You can use an impression-based event to signal that something exists or that the page exposed a customer to something but the customer didn't interact with it. For example, you can track cookies with an impression event. If your site has a cookie set of logged-in customers, you can create an impression event based on the presence of that cookie.
Impression events can be based on the following:
- Query parameter
- HTML element
Follow these steps to build an impression-based event.
- Click COMPONENTS in the top navigation bar and then click Events.
- Click CREATE EVENT.
- Click the Impression tab.
- Click the type of impression-based event you want to build.
- Select an operator from Value Compare, and then type the value for comparison into its respective field.
- Optionally, if you want to limit the event to a specific page type, URL, time, page category, or user landing page, then click the Conditions tab, click ADD CONDITION, select a condition category and specific filter option, and then configure that option. Click the forward arrow.
- Type a name for the event into Event Title, type a summary into Description, and then click CREATE & EXIT.